Saturday, March 03, 2007

Don't stick THAT in there

I've been reading a lot about the evils of plastics in the past few months. There's a great site called Delicious Organics that goes into informative detail about which kinds of plastic will end up in your bloodstream and which won't. From this site, for instance, I learned that reusing a plastic water bottle is just about the worst thing you can do. And here I thought I was helping the environment by doing so. Little did I know I might be killing myself in the process.

So, anyway, turns out that not everything you need to know about plastics is at that site. Good Vibrations recently decided it's going to phase out all sex toys made with Phthalates. (Just trying to pronounce that word probably has a detrimental effect on one's health...) Science is still working to determine just how bad Phthalates might be for us, so Good Vibrations (and Smitten Kitten) is going to gradually phase out its inventory of toys made from this plastic. By October of this year, they won't be selling anything containing it.

Better safe than sorry, especially since they had been recommending that condoms be used on the toys. Am I the only one who finds that notion worthy of a giggle? Not only are condoms designed for people but what irony that we would be using one man-made substance to stifle the dangers of another.

I am a big fan of sex toys but when you hear stuff like this, it just makes you want to go natural and opt for fingers and cocks exclusively, you know?

No comments: